Friday, December 08, 2006

Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya

I had no time yesterday to cook it looked like it was going to be a pizza night, but when I came home and opened my refrigerator I found all the things I needed for this recipe. It worked out well because I had to use the chicken, I didn't want it sitting in the refrigerator any longer. This meal was perfect over rice and it was done in no time.

2 tablespoon oil
1 pound of boneless chicken breast , cut into pieces
1/2 cup onion chopped
1/2 cup chopped green pepper or red pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup water
1 (14 1/2 oz) can tomatoes, chopped with juice
8 ounces polish or italian sausage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 teaspoon oregano
pepper to taste
dash cayenne pepper

Heat oil, saute chicken and sausage for 5 minutes, add onion, green pepper or red pepper and garlic. Saute for a few minutes longer, then add remaining ingredients. Cover, stir, and simmer about 30 minutes. Serve over cooked rice.


Asha said...

Hi Krista. You do come up with delicious dish when you don't have time!Looks yummy.I had some of these while in New Orleans last summer.Love it:)

wheresmymind said...

How could I say no to that incredible dish?